VOTable filter for OpenOffice Spreadsheet (RC1)

Markus Dolensky Markus.Dolensky at eso.org
Tue Apr 20 04:11:02 PDT 2004

Dear Chenzhou,

It would be helpful to have a VOTable test document as well as the command line
  how to apply the stylesheet.

My personal attempt with two different processors - Xalan, xsltproc - and two
different VOTable documents all failed producing similar warnings and errors
(snippets below). Since I'm not very experienced with this it's not clear where
to start looking for the problem which could be related to my test documents, a
XSLT processor issue, the stylesheet itself or a combination of the three.

Regards,
Markus

mdolensk/v2otable> xsltproc VOTable2CalcSheet/Votable2CalSheetV2.xslt test.xml
VOTable2CalcSheet/Votable2CalSheetV2.xslt:516: warning: Namespace prefix table
is not defined
table:value-type="float">
                                                 ^

[truncated lots of similar warnings ...]

compilation error: file VOTable2CalcSheet/Votable2CalSheetV2.xslt line 516
element table-cell
Namespaces prefix  used for multiple namespaces

[truncated lots of similar errors ...]

Error Invalid expression
normalize-space(.//)
                    ^
Error Invalid expression
normalize-space(.//)
                    ^
compilation error: file VOTable2CalcSheet/Votable2CalSheetV2.xslt line 193
element variable
xsl:variable : could not compile select expression 'normalize-space(.//)'
Error Invalid expression
normalize-space(./DESCRIPTION//)

[truncated further similar errors ...]