SAMP meta-data extensions ?

Sylvain LAFRASSE sylvain.lafrasse at obs.ujf-grenoble.fr
Mon Sep 24 04:49:34 PDT 2012

Dear all,

Following JMMC AppLauncher release last may, we greatly enhanced x-samp keywords described at http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SampXSamp , in order to automatically gather and exploit SAMP applications meta-data:
 - x-samp.affiliation.name : the name of the organization delivering the software.
 - x-samp.affiliation.url : the web homepage of the organization delivering the software.
 - x-samp.affiliation.contact : the contact web page of the organization delivering the software.
 - x-samp.jnlp.url : in the same way as =samp.icon.url=, for Java-based application startup.
 - x-samp.jnlp.beta.url : in the same way as =x-samp.jnlp.url=, for beta release application startup.
 - x-samp.webapp.url : in the same way as =x-samp.jnlp.url=, for web-based application startup.
 - x-samp.homepage.url : application homepage URL.
 - x-samp.releasenotes.url : application release notes URL.
 - x-samp.rss.url : application RSS feed URL.
 - x-samp.faq.url : application FAQ URL.
 - x-samp.authors : application authors.
 - x-samp.release.version : application version identifier.
 - x-samp.release.date : application release date.

We would really need some of them to become mandatory, such as x-samp.jnlp.url or x-samp.webapp.url when applicable.
We also envision such meta-data to become the root of an open VO application registry data model, with a first working prototype hosted here at JMMC.
What's your opinion/comment/addition about that ?

Best regards,

Sylvain LAFRASSE - Software Engineer

Tel : +33 (0)4 76 63 55 30                                                   Fax : +33 (0)4 76 44 88 21
IPAG                                                                                        414, rue de la Piscine
Domaine Universitaire de Saint-Martin-d'Hères             BP 53
France                                                                                     38041 Grenoble cedex 9