HTTPS and SAMP

Tom McGlynn Thomas.A.McGlynn at nasa.gov
Mon Sep 17 09:04:56 PDT 2012

We're looking at moving a WebSAMP-enabled application from an HTTP URL
(http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/xamin) to an HTTPS URL. (There can be a user login
associated with xamin, so password security is an issue.)  However it looks like
when we do this, we are no longer able to talk to the SAMP hub (or at least the
one started by TOPCAT).  I'm guessing this is a problem with whatever scheme SAMP
is using to get around the cross-site scripting limits in JavaScript - it's able
to handle multiple ports, but not a different scheme.  We're using a slightly
modified version of Mark's JavaScript SAMP library.

Does anyone have any experience with this to confirm this or suggest how we might
address it?  Or should this work fine and I need to look elsewhere for the
problem?  Before I went digging into this I wanted to check if this was already a
known issue.

	Thanks,
	Tom McGlynn