x-samp namespace suggestion

Juande Santander Vela juandesant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 04:39:02 PDT 2011

Mark, thanks for the clarification.

I think the “in any case either is likely to be reasonable” makes for a good case for the MAY, but I think it could be spelled out in the sentence, something like:

  The ``{\tt samp}'' and ``{\tt x-samp}'' form of the same key
  SHOULD NOT be presented in the same map, but if they are,
  the ``{\tt samp}'' form MAY be considered to take precedence,
  as the final behaviour is likely to be reasonable.

But now I see why it does not make a difference in behaviour, and it alleviates implementors’ burden.

--
Juande Santander Vela
Software Engineer, ALMA Archive Subsystem

Anónimo: A veces es necesario guardar silencio para ser escuchado.