[AstroPy] Sampy and ds9

Luigi Paioro luigi at lambrate.inaf.it
Wed Sep 2 02:03:17 PDT 2009

>> really useful to shift data around between topcat, ds9, aladin AND python.
>> Is there a tutorial online that shows simple python scripts to talk to ds9
>> (marking points, sending an image with wcs, controlling other features of ds9,
>> ...).
>
> As far as I know, the only SAMPy example code is at
>
>    http://cosmos.iasf-milano.inaf.it/pandora/docs/samp/
>
> and maybe in the SAMPy sources.

Yes, for the moment you have just the example in the API documentation,
for which you can get an on-line version here:

http://cosmos.iasf-milano.inaf.it/pandora/docs/samp/

as Mark wrote you, or you can find two examples included within the
SAMPy tarball: client.py and iclient.py which are almost the same
example but using the SAMPClient class and SAMPIntegratedClient class
respectively. I think to add other examples and/or a tutorial in the
future (by the way, any third party contribution is appreciated), but
for the time being that's all you have (sorry).

In any case if you or somebody else need any help, please don't hesitate
to contact me.

Regards,

   Luigi