SAMP/PLASTIC bridge?

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 02:21:44 PST 2009

> I'm just adding Plastic support to jskycat (in addition to SAMP) and
> I was
> wondering if anyone had made any progress on a SAMP/PLASTIC bridge?

Yup. I have one that works for the limited sub-set of PLASTIC to SAMP
messages I care about. It's a bit scrappy and command line only, and
currently requires about half of CPAN to be installed ontop of your
Perl build, but it works fine. It does the obvious thing of
registering for the messages it can handle on both the two types of
Hubs and then translating the messages across and pushing them to the
other Hub for distribution. It's wasn't that hard to write once I had
the Hubs in place.

Al.