SAMP MType parameters issue

Juan de Dios Santander Vela juandesant at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 07:21:41 PST 2008

El 06/11/2008, a las 14:16, Mark Taylor escribió:

> As a rule I'm not in favour of letting the standard be too much
> influenced by language-specific considerations.  However, using the
> python named parameter syntax for MType parameters seems like such a
> good match that I think it would be nice to facilitate this.

Taking into account that it is not limiting other languages, but
enabling one, and that underscores are usually allowed in variable
names, while the minus (-) sign isn't, I think it should be REQUIRED
that any named parameter be compatible with the even more restrictive
general expression [A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9_]*, which is compatible with the
Python definition, and with variable names in more languages. I think
the name parameters in SAMP should not start with an underscore,
that's why it is not included either in the first character of the
regexp.

--
Juan de Dios Santander Vela
Diplomado en CC. Físicas, Ingeniero en Electrónica

George Bernard Shaw: El dinero no es nada. Pero mucho dinero… Eso ya
es otra cosa.