SAMP in SkyView

Luigi Paioro luigi at lambrate.inaf.it
Thu Nov 6 05:02:35 PST 2008

Hello!

I have attached a Python script I have just written, that should perform
what you suggested in the mail reported here below.

The only difference is that -mtype has been replaced with --mtype or -m
to and -action with --action or -a. This script receives only
_notification_ messages. Notice that it starts an inner Hub if it cannot
find another Hub already alive.

Here an example of usage:

### Terminal 1 ###

shell >./messageListener -m 'test' -a 'echo $msg'
Listening
   on test notifications
   to execute echo $msg

Action => echo Hello world!
Hello world!

### Terminal 2 ###

shell >java -jar jsamp-0.2.jar messagesender -mtype 'test' -param msg
"Hello world!" -mode notify

This script requires SAMPy [*] and Python >= 2.5.

I hope this is what you were looking for and that it will be useful.

Regards,

   Luigi

[*] http://cosmos.iasf-milano.inaf.it/luigi/projects/vo/samp/latest/

--