notify( ) vs call( )

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Tue May 6 10:01:09 PDT 2008

So, in a PLASTIC'y sort of way I have a client that wants to tell all
the listening clients to image.display and then image.panTo.sky.

However it doesn't really care if they do it or not... does it really
have to callAll( ) clients, or can it just notifyAll( ) clients
instead...

...what are the rules the say this MType is a call( ) and this one is
a notify( )? From reading the specification its implied, but not
really explicitly stated, that *.event.* MTypes are notify()'able and
others are call()'able.

Is that the intention... or is the more flexibility intended here?

Either way I think this needs to be made more explicit in the
specification.

Al.