Hub stopping

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Tue May 6 01:49:34 PDT 2008

Looking through the current specification it appears that every
client is forced to call getHubId() right after it registers because
at the moment there isn't any way for it to know that the
app.event.stopping message it's recieved from the Hub is from the Hub
or not... wouldn't it make sense to have a hub.event.* set of
messages that all (callable) clients were required to be able
interpret rather than having each client call getHubId() and then be
forced to handle all app.event.stopping messages?

This makes more sense than just fixing the hub public id to 0 because...

Under the current system all callable clients have to subscribe to
all app.event.stopping messages and scan them to see if the Hub is
stopping. But there is a big subset of cases, where I'm a client that
is callable, but only really sends (broadcast) notificatons, where I
would still be interested in the hub stopping messages (but not the
rest of the app.event.stopping messages) so that having a separate
hub.event.* class of messages is much more convenient.

Or am I just missing something...?

Al.