VOQL sessions in Beijing and DAL-VOQL joint sessions

Pedro Osuna Pedro.Osuna at sciops.esa.int
Fri May 4 09:28:45 PDT 2007

Dear all,

before sending this note to the whole VOQL, the following is the plan
for the VOQL sessions (two) plus the joint DAL-VOQL sessions (another
two).

As you can see, there is a need for volunteers from this group to
present things. In particular, the following are needed:

For ADQL sessions:
- Someone to present something on Region discussions
- Someone to present something on User Defined Functions definition
For TAP sessions:
- someone to talk on Metadata requirements

Those are marked as TBD in the schedule below.

There are obvious candidates for some of them, for instance:

- for Region: Benjamin (or possibly Pat) as per our last meeting action
- for UDF: Alex
- for metadata access: Francois, Pat and Alex

It is really important that you commit to fill some of these "holes" for
our group. The work we are doing and we have already done is very
important to the whole IVOA project, and I urge to to please volunteer
for some of these things.

In case you are not attending the China meeting, you might find a
possible substitute to represent your views.

I would like to send a mail to the whole VOQL list on Monday afternoon,
so please send me inputs by then.

Needles to say, should you have any other issue you want to
discuss/present please let me know.

Thanks.
Cheers,
P.

VOQL Session 1
--------------
	I. Ortiz - ADQL Doc review
	TDB	 - Region discussion

VOQL Session 2
--------------
	I. Ortiz  - UTYPE usage in ADQL
	TBD 	  - User Defined Functions

DAL3-VOQL3 Session
------------------
        P. Osuna - TAP introduction (15m?)
        D. Tody - DAL perspective (45m?)
        A. Stebe - VOQL perspective (30m?)

DAL4-VOQL4 Session
------------------
        K. Andrews - Asynchronicity, workflows, and TAP (20m)
        TBD - Database/table metadata requirements (20m)
        Discussion (45m)

--
Pedro Osuna Alcalaya

European Space Agency (ESA)
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
Research and Scientific Support Department (RSSD)
Astronomy Science Operations Division (SCI-SD)
e-mail: Pedro.Osuna at esa.int
Tel + 34 91 813 13 14    Fax: +34 91 813 11 72
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
P.O. Box 50727
E-28080 Villafranca del Castillo
MADRID - SPAIN

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The
unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content
is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete it from your system and notify
the sender. E-mails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. ESA shall not be liable
for any e-mail if modified.