TAP issues (fwd)

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu May 3 11:03:03 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 19:23, Doug Tody wrote:
> [...]

Yes, we do need to tackle this at some point but right now I think it is more
important to determine what the constructs are first (the ADQL doc is now in
pretty good shape w.r.t. reserved words and that is the bulk of it), so #1
should follow after the ADQL spec is pretty much done.

As for the "content metadata", that also has to follow the ADQL spec too
because inclusion of some things in ADQL is what complicates the metadata.
For example, with JOIN in the ADQL spec, we now have to include in the
metadata enough info so users can actually write a decent/correct join. Thus,
I think it fits the priorities (1-ADQL, 2-TAP) and the dependencies that we
have deferred the capabilties and metadata discussion(s) until we know what
we need to cover... but we know we have to do this :)

--

Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914                  | fax/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045