Asynchronous querying and tabular data

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed May 2 13:29:13 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 12:51, Doug Tody wrote:
>      o	getData.  Just an access reference (URL currently) as
>  	elsewhere; so far in TAP this is only needed to retrieve data
>  	from an async query.

For this one at least I think we were going to totally punt and let VOSpace
handle it. That is, an async query would synchronously return whatever
identifier to the VOSpace resource is needed so the caller can go off and
talk to the VOSpace.

So I only see two TAP methods: a synchronous query and an asynchronous query.
And I think it is important that they not be named queryData and stageData
respectively. Both should have the word query in them, both should take the
same ADQL string as the primary input, and async probably requires some
additional stuff like credentials and preferences for VOSpace interactions to
be passed around somehow.

Bit now I would like to wait for some others to comment, and they are all at
home relaxing and maybe even asleep :)

--

Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914                  | fax/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045