Asynchronous querying and tabular data

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Tue May 1 14:05:22 PDT 2007

Ok.  But if TAP creates the (possibly quite large) table as the result
of an SQL query, there are no bytes-in.  It would make more sense to
merely have the local VOSpace manage the DBMS table on behalf of the TAP.
Then a subsequent query could re-use the DBMS table directly, or the
VOSpace could serialize it on the fly for transfer to a remote client
or another VOSpace.  - Doug