LSST enabling science 2020 broker workshop (27-28th Oct, 2020)

ada nebot ada.nebot at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Sep 18 11:37:12 CEST 2020

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Francisco Förster Burón <francisco.forster at gmail.com <mailto:francisco.forster at gmail.com>>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 00:50
Subject: LSST enabling science 2020 broker workshop (27-28th Oct, 2020)
To: Anais Möller <anais.moller at clermont.in2p3.fr <mailto:anais.moller at clermont.in2p3.fr>>, Emille Ishida <emilleishida at gmail.com <mailto:emilleishida at gmail.com>>, Julien Peloton <peloton at lal.in2p3.fr <mailto:peloton at lal.in2p3.fr>>, Alejandra Muñoz <amma.19 at gmail.com <mailto:amma.19 at gmail.com>>, Lorena Hernandez Garcia <lorena.hernandez at uv.cl <mailto:lorena.hernandez at uv.cl>>, Paula Andrea Sánchez <pasanchezsaez at gmail.com <mailto:pasanchezsaez at gmail.com>>

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in a two half days virtual workshop <https://www.lsstcorporation.org/meetings/2020-broker-workshop> on Oct 27-28th, 2020. This workshop is organized by the ALeRCE and Fink alert brokers in collaboration with other alert broker teams and the Vera C. Rubin Observatory Legacy Survey of Space and Time (LSST) and its Science Collaborations (SCs). It will be the first of a series of two mini workshops as part of our awarded LSST Enabling Science Program 2020.

In order to enable new science with the LSST alert stream, brokers are developing a new layer in the time domain ecosystem, experimenting with new ways of enriching and filtering these data. A diversity of solutions are being tested, but there is a need for more interaction between brokers, their community of users, and the alert generation teams. The objectives of the first workshop in these series are the following:

- Presentation of envisioned products and services by broker teams.
- Presentation of detailed scientific cases by the SCs and a discussion on how brokers can most effectively help them reach their goals.
- Proposal of future community standards, benchmarks, or initiatives to achieve more interoperability and resilience.

The second workshop will be 4-6 months after this first workshop, where we will assemble developments and reflections from the different users and collaborations.

We would appreciate it if you could distribute this invitation within your collaboration or team. We have invited broker teams, LSST data management team and LSST SCs, as well as current or future known alert producing surveys. If you think we should invite other projects to this workshop please let us know. Also, note that we will invite one representative per LSST SC/broker team to give a short talk focused on requirements and current status.

We hope you accept our invitation!

Dates: 27-28 October 2020
Time: 3 - 7 pm UTC  (8 am - noon PDT,   11 am - 3 pm EDT,   noon - 4 pm CLST,   4 - 8 pm CET)
Location: Zoom virtual rooms
Registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScP5V1ggMzSnbx3cTz82nbitjSgzti1fEicGaDAb3UN03G9Pg/viewform <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScP5V1ggMzSnbx3cTz82nbitjSgzti1fEicGaDAb3UN03G9Pg/viewform>
Workshop website: https://www.lsstcorporation.org/meetings/2020-broker-workshop <https://www.lsstcorporation.org/meetings/2020-broker-workshop>
Best regards,

The organizing committee

--
Astronome Adjointe
CDS, Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg (ObAS)