Upgrade of " TimeSeries serialization. A proposal using utypes" slides

François Bonnarel francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Sep 13 19:08:41 CEST 2018

Le 12/09/2018 à 03:44, Dave Morris a écrit :
> Naming the link between the TimeSeries and Characterisation models
> 'char' means that the string 'char' has three different meanings in
> the following line of XML
>
>     <PARAM utype="ts:TimeSeries.char" ... datatype="char" ...
> ref="char"/>
>
> Suggest we reserve the string 'char' for the ASCII character data
> type, use the full name, 'Characterisation', for the link between data
> models, and adopt a convention for ending table names with 'Table', in
> this case making it 'CharacterisationTable'.
>
> So the XML fragment becomes :
>
>     <PARAM utype="ts:TimeSeries.Characterisation" ... datatype="char"
> ... ref="CharacterisationTable"/>

the Char abbreviation (with capital C) has been adopted in the context
of SSA and ObsCore. I don't think I will change that. So with  its
capital letter it's different from datatype="char".
the ID/ref is non normative. Could be any value. "char" was definitely a
bad choice however.

By the way in the new version this refrence has been suppressed, I
didn't used it anymore. But you are right if it comes back I will avoid
"char"

Cheers
François