VOEvent is central for gravitational wave follow-up

Dave Morris dave.morris at metagrid.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 16:43:32 CET 2018

On 2018-12-14 14:12, Rob Seaman wrote:

> The time is ripe to re-engage with the interoperability issues in
> particular, and with operational projects such as Gaia, as well as
> LSST,
> NEOCam, and other future surveys.

I agree this is a good time to look at how we want VOEvent to evolve in
the future.

As a step towards bringing the VOEvent standard up to date with the IVOA
document standards I asked Baptiste Cecconi to convert the current Word
.doc document into a Latex .tex version compatible with the IVOATEX
Document Preparation System.

The aim of this step was a simple format conversion from Word .doc to
Latex .tex with no changes to the document content.

The initial results of the conversion are now available in the IVOA svn
repository:
https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/time-domain/voevent/VOEvent-standard/

I'd like to invite everyone to take a look at the attached PDF and check
for any changes to the content caused by side effects of the format
conversion.

If the resulting PDF version passes review, then some question for the
community :

1) Is the tex/PDF version close enough to the original to become the
published version of the standard ?

2) Do we keep the version number the same, VOEvent-2.0, or do we
increment a minor version number, VOEvent-2.1 ?

3) Are we happy to add Baptiste Cecconi to the list of editors in
recognition of this contribution ?

I look forward to working with you to develop the next generation of
VOEvent.

Cheers,
-- Dave

--------