VOEvent Update

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Tue Oct 17 17:29:16 CEST 2017

I agree on the idea of referencing STC, but . on actual version of
VOEvent there is a mix between time and coordinate reference of STC,
that mean a lot of combination if we make a list.
I have asked to have a STC2 XML Schema to use new reference and to avoid
the substitutionGroup, but it seem that only VODML version is available
and no plan to have it in XSD.
I fully agree that if we want a clean version 3, we will have to
reconnect with STC.

Regards
Pierre

On 17/10/2017 17:13, Rob Seaman wrote:
> Right, but earlier discussions included referencing STC (and possibly
> other) external schema. In that case the VOEvent schema, per se,
> wouldn't need to know about STC at all. But rather, just reference a
> full (or, at least, more complete) STC schema.
>
> Rob
>
> --
>

> On 10/17/17 9:04 AM, Pierre Le Sidaner wrote:
>> My proposition is not to modify these two main items but the fields under
>> for example for time having
>>       <xs:element name="ISOTime" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"
>> maxOccurs="1"/>
>>        <xs:element name="TimeOffset" type="xs:float" minOccurs="0"
>> maxOccurs="1"/>
>>        <xs:element name="TimeScale" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"
>> maxOccurs="1"/>
>>       <xs:element name="TimeOrigin" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"
>> maxOccurs="1"/>
>>
>> Pierre
>>
>> On 17/10/2017 16:51, Rob Seaman wrote:
>>> Do you need more than:
>>>
>>> <WhereWhen>
>>>       <ObsDataLocation>
>>>           <ObservatoryLocation/>
>>>           <ObservationLocation/>
>>>       </ObsDataLocation>
>>> </WhereWhen>
>>>
>>> This is already legal VOEvent, whatever the prototype schema says. I'm
>>> in a session at DPS with a slow network, so am having trouble tracking
>>> this down in coeval STC, but the intent was full STC support for
>>> observations of all types, including orbital elements, planetary
>>> surfaces, the Sun, etc., from all observers in space or ground (or from
>>> other bodies in the solar system, for that matter).
>>>
>>> By all means we should clarify the text and/or extend the schema for
>>> VOEvent-2 while considering what to do for VOEvent-3.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>> --

                            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Directeur Adjoint
Direction Informatique de l'Observatoire
Directeur technique
Paris Astronomical Data Centre 01 40 51 20 82
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://padc.obspm.fr