VOEvent Update

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Tue Oct 17 15:40:51 CEST 2017

Dear All

I have been to a VOEvent workshop dedicated to hight energy astronomy on
the frame of Asterics program. There was a lot of interesting
presentation on large use of event, right now and also in the near
future. Dave was there and he will make a report on it.
This mean that we should move carefully the schema of Event. On the
other hand, in planetary science we point out that the wherewhen part
could not allow description of planetary objects and even may be a
problem for satellite position and time description. Even spherical
coordinate could be a problem as all coordinate share the same unit.

We want to propose a possible evolution of VOEvent schema to 2.1 that
will keep all actual VOEvent 2.0 valid and give more possibility for
larger description on Wherewhen
If there is  15 mn free in the VOEvent session I would like to present that

Regards
Pierre

                            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Directeur Adjoint
Direction Informatique de l'Observatoire
Directeur technique
Paris Astronomical Data Centre 01 40 51 20 82
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://padc.obspm.fr