Call for contributions to TDIG sessions in Shanghai

John Swinbank swinbank at princeton.edu
Fri Mar 31 18:49:47 CEST 2017

Dear all,

As referred to in earlier discussion, our plan is to run two different
"tracks" which are relevant to TDIG members in Shanghai.

The first will consist of one (or perhaps more — watch this space)
sessions run together with the Data Access Layer and Data Model working
groups. This will focus on representation of time series data within the
VO.

The other track will focus on VOEvent status and evolution. We already
have a couple of contributions to this session lined up covering work
on:

- The architecture of distribution networks including events with
  multiple origins;
- Ongoing work in the LSST project.

We have an ambition to extend this session to cover discoverability of
VOEvents, both with regards to a discussion of science user requirements
and, perhaps, to resurrecting VOEventRegExt. I'd particularly encourage
anybody who has an interest in that discussion to take part and make
your views known.

Further contributions to both of the above tracks are actively
solicited. Drop me and/or this mailing list a note if you would like to
be added to the agenda.

Cheers,

John