Shanghai InterOp

Rob Seaman seaman at lpl.arizona.edu
Fri Mar 3 15:10:07 CET 2017

Hi Pierre and all,

> We (Baptiste Cecconi, Regis Haigron, Michel Gangloff and I) proposed
> to make a short presentation on implementation of two VOEvents server
> using Comet. The purpose this time is not Comet but :
> Achitecture multi server because we have Event from lot of origins and
> trouble we faced.
Good to see operational issues addressed.

> The two project are :
> - Fripon accumulating data and give information about falling of
> meteorite, if combine a private network with VOEvent server and a
> Proxy public VOEvent server
Cool!

> - Europlanet - PSWS space weather event, for this case we have some
> feed back on difficulty we face to build VOEvent 2.0 with
> informations. It's mainly the dependency of STC that is only partially
> implemented in VOEvent 2.0 and doesn't allow planetary science
> description.
The document is normative, not the example schema. Anything that can be
expressed in <ObservationLocation> plus <ObservatoryLocation> is
permitted. If STC v1.30 supports a "planetary science description", then
so can VOEvent.

IVOA should engage with the planetary science community (as it should
with other astronomical use cases) to see its standards used more widely.

> Architecture is two redundant VOEvent server that will also provide a
> TAD service of VOEvent history plus a tweeter service that relay some
> events.
Great idea for a redundant broker!

Rob Seaman
Lunar and Planetary Laboratory