Comet release 1.2.2

John Swinbank swinbank at transientskp.org
Tue Apr 21 01:31:11 CEST 2015

I’m pleased to announce the releases of version 1.2.2 of Comet, my implementation of the VOEvent transport protocol.

Version 1.2.2 resolves a potential resource exhaustion attack by disabling entity expansion for untrusted XML documents received from the network. Users of previous are encouraged to upgrade.

Comet is available for download from <http://comet.transientskp.org/>. It is released under an open source (2 clause BSD) license, and development takes place at <https://github.com/jdswinbank/Comet/>. Your questions, comments, feedback and pull requests are welcome.

Cheers,

John