Session requirements

John Swinbank j.swinbank at uva.nl
Tue Sep 16 09:52:45 CEST 2014

Dear all,

Given the overwhelming response (and the fact that I’ve been on vacation) we’ve not requested a TDIG session from Matthew. I guess we could still throw ourselves on his mercy if anybody desperately feels the need for such a session, but otherwise it looks as though we don’t have critical mass this time around. However, I heartily endorse the idea that those of us at ADASS (again, not me) could get together for a chat.

Without a session at the InterOp, we should use this mailing list to review progress on the main items arising from the last InterOp. In particular, we were bullish about the prospects for both VOEventRegExt and VTP, but there has been little to know discussion of either since. Matthew, could you please provide a RegExt update? Mike, your message of 25 May tells us

> I'll
> reply to John's original comment thread on the VTP draft to keep it in
> context

(plus it provides a summary of your thoughts). I don’t think that message has ever been forthcoming, though — did I miss it?

Cheers,

John