VOEventRegExt

John Swinbank j.swinbank at uva.nl
Mon Jun 23 05:40:00 PDT 2014

Matthew, all,

On 02 Jun 2014, at 14:45 , John Swinbank <j.swinbank at uva.nl> wrote:
> On 30 May 2014, at 19:14 , Matthew Graham <mjg at cacr.caltech.edu> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for taking the trouble to give the document a thorough reading. At first pass most of these look reasonable - the document was produced a few years ago and RegWG practices have changed so it's good to bring this in line with current usage.
>
> Given these fairly extensive comments, should we aim for another draft of this document before pushing it to PR?

Any thoughts on this? It would be a shame to lose the momentum built up at the InterOp.

While waiting, I did some editing of the current working draft. I’ve resolved a few issues regarding formatting of the HTML and corrected links to some references. I also extracted the schema into a separate document. I realised that it had a number of problems according to xmllint, so I have fixed them in both the documentation and a stand-alone schema file. In doing so, I noticed that the voe:AccessControl type is referred to numerous times in the document, but isn’t actually defined in the schema. Any idea what happened to it? Maybe worth noting that there is a fragment of definition in the document text which it should be easy enough to transplant into the schema.

My redrafted version is available at <https://github.com/jdswinbank/VOEventRegExt>; Matthew (and others) perhaps you could check that you are happy with my changes and then base any future evolution on this version?

Cheers,

John