alternate word for "follow-up"?

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 13:29:51 PDT 2014

Rob, hello.

On 2014 Apr 25, at 20:32, Rob Seaman <seaman at noao.edu> wrote:

> It has been mentioned that “follow-up” is a weak word for choosing targets for observing programs based on time varying phenomena.
>
> Suggestions for stronger terminology?

I think that 'followup' would be better.  Include the hyphen, and you're just ramming words together in a semiliterate fashion; remove it, and you're minting language.  The latter is a much stronger term.

I can't see anything wrong with 'followup' as a term of art, and can't see any reasonable alternative.  Anything else you go for will be mere periphrasis for 'followup'.

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk