VOEvent at Heidelberg InterOp

Roy Williams roy at caltech.edu
Thu May 16 12:07:49 PDT 2013

John
Thanks for the update from Heidelberg.

VOEventNet is like Twitter in that messages are deliberately kept short.
I note that a lot of tweets include links to other content, and that
there is no resulting meltdown of the internet. Justin Bieber has
39,000,000 followers! You might say that Justin doesn't make tweets at
the rate that LSST will make VOEvents, but then Youtube has 4,500
uploaded seconds per second, which is a pretty high rate.

If we can find out more about these big systems, how they replicate and
cache and distribute content, perhaps it will inform the VOEvent
community about scaling up?
Roy

---
Caltech LIGO