GCN-XML and Dakota

rdenny at dc3.com rdenny at dc3.com
Fri Mar 2 18:25:55 PST 2012

Perhaps I missed part of this thread... But the reason for Transport listeners (as opposed to senders, brokers) to initiate the TCP connection is simple. It avoids the broker operator needing to maintain a list of subscribers. Instead, anyone can subscribe (unless otherwise restricted by IP whitelisting or digisig restriction). My broker is set up for "Come one come all... Get'cha VOEvents here!" I don't need to know who is subscribing, and I don't care. By design, and a good job by Allan and White!!!

  -- Bob