VOEvent References

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Mar 16 13:38:18 PDT 2011

> But VOEvent is for machines not humans! ATELs are for humans.

I can see why a resident of a state formerly governed by the Terminator might think so :-)  But the machines, of course, are themselves for the benefit of humans.  This was, for instance, the subtext of:

	http://tfa.cfht.hawaii.edu

VOEvent is a common format that can be used to represent the content of any type of astronomical telegram.  We (meaning Roy) are currently talking to ATEL, for instance.

Whether VOEvent becomes the native format for other event messaging systems is a separate question.

Rob