Bringing VOEvent v2.0 home to roost

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue Mar 15 13:52:19 PDT 2011

> Ahhh, but then I would be forced to access each and every
> Reference object to find out what it actually is before deciding
> it isn't useful.

> Publisher who put the
> Reference in the doc in the first place likely already knows
> what it is and could easily tell me in an attribute?

Mike
Please make suggestions about how to improve the Reference element.
Specifically its attributes and where it should be allowed.

Here is an example of what is allowed now:
<Reference
     name="Mike Fitzpatrick for Congress"
     type="http://example.semantics#webpage"
     uri="http://www.fitzpatrickforcongress.com" />

It tells you what it is, it tells you the formal semantic type, it tells
you the link. Surely one of these can tell you "what it is".

Would you be happier with the addition of a MIME type?
Roy