Huh?

George Djorgovski george at astro.caltech.edu
Fri Feb 18 21:05:54 PST 2011

> Together these authors have been very productive on a diverse
> subjects!

It seems that they published 158,528 titles, according to Amazon.
That's more than even Sidney van den Bergh or Mike Turner (I think).
I wonder what the business model is here.  The books are obviously
bogus, and presumably generated automatically from Wikipedia, as
Matthew figured out.  But I am baffled that there are so many sellers
- are they also machine-generated?  As are the customer reviews.  I
cannot imagine anyone actually buying this crap, but on the other
hand, the Nigerian scammers also keep thriving.  Maybe this is some
kind of an academic experiment to see what would happen....  G.