0MQ: The Intelligent Transport Layer

Frederic V. Hessman Hessman at Astro.physik.Uni-Goettingen.DE
Tue Dec 27 05:07:20 PST 2011

Here, here!  We should provide a vanilla solution and let people who want to use something else simply do it - if it turns out to be so much better in the mid-term, then there's more than enough time to switch.  The only thing we could do as a "value-added" feature is maintain a loose collection of solutions, particularly those whose fancy features are only open-ended (i.e. can immediately connect to, e.g., vTCP).   Things like 0MQ and ICE are wonderful in a closed solution space, but it's nicer to have things easy on your end even if the other end isn't.

Rick