VOEvent sessions in Victoria

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Mar 30 10:58:51 PDT 2010

Of course the other IVOA members are important, but I thought I would
rattle the branches a few more times among the WG.

Intending to attend an InterOp likely says more about one's "posture"
with respect to the IVOA than it does about VOEvent or transient
response astronomy.  We have no trouble getting participants for
external meetings such as Hotwired, Eventful Universe or the upcoming
SPIE sessions.

I'd also like to see broader participation than the Tucson-Pasadena
axis if we're going to focus on wrapping up v2.0.  My suspicion is
that the bulk of this effort will need to occur remotely.  That will
tend to result in different "style" sessions in Victoria.

Rob
---