Fwd: NOAO Survey Letters of Intent Due 15 Aug 2010

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Jul 28 12:46:14 PDT 2010

Last year a couple of teams from the VOEvent family looked into
submitting NOAO Survey proposals.  Logistical concerns (eg, a key
instrument was shipped to Chile) resulted in pursuing alternate
research opportunities, but it's that time of year again (see below).
Letters of intent are due 15 August 2010 for the observing semester
beginning 1 Feb 2011.

NOAO provides competitively awarded (often oversubscribed) observing
time on numerous facilities with a broad range of instrumentation.  In
addition to forwarding this year's call for Survey proposals, I've
appended my own email from last year describing the Survey program.

The conclusions of a recent review panel strongly support the
continuation of Surveys at NOAO.  Given trends in astronomy, these
almost inevitably will include interesting time domain
investigations.  No reason that these shouldn't be proposed by members
of the VOEvent community :-)

Rob
--

Begin forwarded message: