VOEvent priorities

Joshua Bloom profjsb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:49:59 PST 2010

I agree with Andrew and Andy here, that large numbers of parameters might be taxing.

The current version of version of SimpleTimeseries allows for each time entry to be a pointer to another VOEvent, which Andrew notes could contain a bunch of info relevant for that specific "event".

So...at what point (datarate-wise or N parameters-wise) is pushing around full sets of timeseries from LSST or ALMA (or any data for that matter) starting to get silly?

Josh

Joshua Bloom
Associate Professor
UC Berkeley, Astronomy