VOEvent priorities

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 3 17:27:30 PST 2010

>> The general response is because astronomers often include time series
>> in their "telegrams" and VOEvent seeks the capability of representing
>> diverse sorts of such messages.

Rob
I have looked through the last 100 ATELs (last 2 months of
astronomerstelegram.org) to find tabular material that is inserted into
the telegram. Of course most telegrams have only natural language --
with data quantities, links, etc inserted. However there were 9 of the
100 that have tabular content. Of these there were 4 sets of objects, 2
light curves, 2 observation circumstances, 2 classifications, and an
error polygon.

Cheers
Roy

http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=2323
http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=2372
-- Observation circumstances (Object Name, r(AU), delta(AU), p(deg),
V(mag), Exp Time (min))
-- Classifications (MISFIT  OBJECT NAME       TAXONOMIC CLASS)

http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=2329
-- Light curve (Date (start/stop), Exposure(ks), Ph.Index, Flux(2-10 keV))

http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=2359
http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=2388
-- Set of objects (ID, Disc. Date, RA, Dec, Disc. Mag, Type)

http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=2377
-- Set of objects (Source, RA (J2000), Error (s.sss), Dec (J2000), Error
(s.ss), Flux (mJy), Error (mJy))

http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=2382
-- Light Curve (Date-Obs, V_mag, R_mag, I_mag, J_mag, H_mag)

http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=2398
-- Set of objects: Pan-STARRS ID, RA(J2000), Dec(J2000), Discovery Date
(UT), Peak Magnitude, Type, Redshift, Age, Spectrum Date (UT), Telescope)

http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=2415
-- Quadrilateral error box (RA, Dec 4 times)

--

California Institute of Technology
626 395 3670