VOEvent "Breaking News"?

Jeffrey Kantor jkantor at lsst.org
Mon Feb 1 08:54:37 PST 2010

Hi Roy,

I think it is important to remember that from an LSST standpoint, both the
CSS iPhone work and the CN^2 prototype are prototypes for exploring concepts
and architectures.  The actual system may differ quite a bit ultimately, and
I expect it will support quite a few portals, some of our own development,
some via VO that we did not create or even necessarily influence but using
our data, and some with collaborating projects.  In any case, we hope these
prototypes prove the usefulness of these types of portals and streams to the
science and EPO users.  Thanks!

Jeff