Multilingual on-line Dictionary of Astronomical Concepts

Sebastien Derriere sebastien.derriere at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Nov 27 09:12:15 PST 2009

   Hello,

   How interesting to see a multilingual dictionary, with definitions,
while the issue of having proper terms definition was discussed at the
last interop meeting in Garching !
   The IAU thesaurus also had translations of terms in various languages:
http://msowww.anu.edu.au/library/thesaurus/
   and this is carried in the various xml:lang attributes in our skosified
version http://ivoa.net/rdf/Vocabularies/
   Mapping this dictionary to the thesaurus would provide translations
of terms (not definitions...) in 3 other languages.

Sebastien.

--
    ---===***  Please note my NEW Email and Phone number  ***===---

    (((    Sebastien Derriere     sebastien.derriere at astro.unistra.fr
   (. .)   Observatoire de Strasbourg       Phone +33 (0) 368 852 444
  (( v ))  11, rue de l'universite        Telefax +33 (0) 368 852 417
---m-m--- F-67000 Strasbourg  France