Multilingual on-line Dictionary of Astronomical Concepts

Bernard Vatant bernard.vatant at mondeca.com
Wed Nov 25 00:46:07 PST 2009

Rob

Thanks for this awesome resource. Et un grand bravo à l'équipe de
l'Observatoire de Paris pour ce travail remarquable!
A few thoughts
1. It would be great to have this treasure available in the linked data
cloud. Will the underlying data be available at some point as a dump of any
kind? I think about (and would happily help to provide) a transformation
into SKOS (and maybe extensions such as "etymologicalNote") which would
enable linking to IVOA vocabulary (and others, DBpedia, whatever).
2. The presentation document speaks about extending the work in other
languages. Is there a collaborative project/platform somewhere in project?
Having e.g., not only translations, but definitions in French etc.
3. This news is really in tune with my current reading of François Ost
"Traduire - Défense et illustration du multilinguisme", so far available
only in French AFAIK, see more about it at
http://mondeca.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/notre-langue-cest-la-traduction/(also
in French, désolé, certainly will write more about it in English
soon).

Best

Bernard

--