Newbie question : how to specify a source instrument in a VOEvent ?

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu Nov 5 07:03:24 PST 2009

Jean-Paul

I am so happy that Svom is becoming part of the VOEvent world. As you
know, we are running an event publisher at Caltech, and would be very
happy if you could publish there, it is called skyalert.org, and the
specific instructions for authoring are here:
http://www.skyalert.info/static/author.html

As for the different instruments, you can think this way. Suppose
instrument A returns events with data parameters A1, A2, and A3, and
instrument B returns parameters B1, B2, B3. You can choose
-- to have a single event stream which allows A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3,
and every event  provides values for either the A or B parameters. This
is the SWIFT approach. Or
-- to have two separate event streams SvomA and SvomB, where the first
kind of event has A parameters, and the other kind of event has B
parameters.

In any case, I would like it if you could try to make one or five
"sample events" as defined on the above link. I hope we can work
together on this!

Roy Williams

--

California Institute of Technology