Aspen workshops?

Kirk D Borne kborne at gmu.edu
Tue Mar 24 10:27:59 PDT 2009

FYI ... one usually does not "plan to attend" these Aspen workshops.
One must apply (deadline is in January), and then wait to see if you
are "selected to attend".  I did apply, and I found out last week that
I am on the wait-list.  So, it appears that they have already made their
first round of selections.  The "they" in this sentence refers to the
organizing committee of the particular workshop that you applied to attend.
Since Tony Tyson, Michael Strauss, and Zeljko Ivezic are all on the
committee and they are all LSST'ers, then I would hope that they
have invited some VOEvent'ers also in the first round of invitations.

- Kirk