Alternatie proposal for digital signatures

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Mar 12 15:27:49 PDT 2008

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting this. One of the main motivations for using X.509
certificates and XML digital signatures is that this is the security
model recommended by the International Virtual Observatory Alliance
(IVOA) which defined the VOEvent standard. Consistency and
interoperability are often better goals than an easier implementation.

	Cheers,

	Matthew