Vocabularies and VOEvent

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 09:00:55 PST 2008

Rob, hello.

On 2008 Feb 4, at 23:46, Rob Seaman wrote:

> Do you have any bridges for sale?

Watches?  DVDs?  ISO/W3C/IETF standards?  All I want is your soul.

>>> Having a protected voe namespace is a key requirement.  Otherwise
>>> we'll get jerked around with every whim of the politburo.

I'll mention that mandating a specific namespace prefix in your XML
files will potentially make it a fuss for XML tools to generate the
packets, since those tools generally take advantage of the prefix
string being arbitrary.

If you're going to break the packets apart using XML tools (making a
SAX stream or something), then they won't care either.  It's only if
you want to search over the raw packet bytes that it'll make a
difference

But I expect you knew that; I'm only butting in because I expect you'd
be disappointed if I didn't...

See you,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
eurovotech.org  :  University of Leicester