VOEvent BoF? IVOA session?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Sep 4 19:51:50 PDT 2007

Hola,

I've got Pete Marenfeld here working on a poster for the ADASS BoF -
should have something for folks to review later in the week.
Hopefully Paul Simonon won't object.

Presumably we'll need an agenda - I was thinking it would be a bit
more freeform since we'll also have the IVOA session later in the
week (for which we'll need an agenda, too...)  Roy had some hot topics:

-- Tie in with DM on the VOTimeSeries
-- Brokers for event firehoses like LSST
-- Special names for PARAMs (formalize the informal)
-- Is a GCN circular an event? A CBET? Is a blog entry an event?
-- The event access protocol SEAP?
-- Is there science in event correlation studies?

What else?

ADASS BoF info @ http://www.adass.org:8080/Conferences/2007/Venue/
events/bof:

	VOEvent is Monday, 24 Sept, 19:30-21:00 (opposite FITS)

IVOA InterOp info @ http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/
InterOpSep2007:

	VOEvent is Friday, 28 Sept, 10:00-11:30 (opposite Grid & Web
Services 2)

Who is planning to attend one session or the other?  And who has
something pithy to present?

Rob