IAU thesaurus in RDF (an update)

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Oct 8 21:20:22 PDT 2007

Rick wrote:

> The present IAU/IVOA list is already too large to be handled easily

Perhaps we should just start with the IAU Thesaurus SKOS'ed
verbatim?  (With errata, I suppose?)  The initial VOEvent namespace
(that we actually need) would then be the SV with terms from the
Thesaurus removed.  Call these both v1.0, with the obvious intent of
updating them down the road.  In the mean time we can discuss all the
vasty and profound philosophic issues, while actually having a useful
work product released into the wild.

Rick had a good start at a useful list of sky transient concepts
shortly after the first VOEvent workshop in April 2005.  We should
fish or cut bait.

- Rob