Format of tokens

Andrea Preite Martinez andrea.preitemartinez at iasf-roma.inaf.it
Tue Nov 6 01:54:41 PST 2007

Quoting Rob Seaman <seaman at noao.edu>:

> We're presenting work derived from previous effort.  We should keep the
> changes to modernizing the representation and the correction of overt
> errors.  Adding content should either be accomplished via separate word
> lists, or should be done in conformance with the pertinent IAU
> Commission, not solely under IVOA working groups.

I totally agree with you, in priciple.
In practice, corrections are not spelling corrections, but are
equivalent to deleting content and adding content.

I think we should ask the IVOA EXEC to contact the President of IAU
Comm.5 (Raymond Norris at CSIRO) or the vice-president Masatoshi
Ohishi to get the IVOA+IAU blessing, and more...

I ask the members of the Semantics WG that are also IVOA EXEC members
and also IAU Comm.5 Committee members to take up this action, please.

> The easiest way to
> do this is to recruit the original authors to comment and hopefully
> bless the effort.
The Thesaurus effort ended in 93 when the curators (2 librarians) retired...

Andrea Preite Martinez                 andrea.preitemartinez at iasf-roma.inaf.it
IASF                                   Tel.IASF:+39.06.4993.4641
Via del Fosso del Cavaliere 100        Tel.CDS :+33.3.90242452
I-00133 Roma                           Cell.   :+39.320.43.15.383
                                        Skype   :andrea.preite.martinez