ADASS BoF(s)?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Fri Jun 22 16:28:37 PDT 2007

Howdy,

The deadline for a BoF proposal for ADASS is July 15th.  The
consensus at Hotwired was to hold such a BoF.  The question is what
the scope should be.  VOEvent?  VOEvent + HTN?  Broader "autonomous"
issues?

We could host a narrowly construed VOEvent BoF, since we have plenty
to talk about with topics like:

	- time series
	- orbital elements
	- VOcabulary
	- SEAP
	- Registry
	- XML signatures
	- VO-GCN status
	- CBAT coordination
	- Heliophysics KnowledgeBase
	- backbone architecture

...and we haven't even got to anything resembling status reports.

In that case, is there interest in a separate HTN BoF?  We could ask
that they be scheduled one following the other.  I suspect there are
plenty of HTN specific topics and this is a way to get both
communities together again, but with a separation between agendas.

Rob