OGLE Event Timeline Widget

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Sep 4 09:52:20 PDT 2006

On Sep 4, 2006, at 7:46 AM, Tony Linde wrote:

>  and for people with REAL computers...
>
>> For the Mac people out there I've turned the OGLE
>> event timeline page [ ] into an OSX widget,

...Another demonstration of the power of typography – or is that:

¿Another demonstration of the power of typography?

The ellipsis originally suggested (to me) that you were
helpfully passing Al's message on to some other mailing
list that I was also subscribed to.  Noting that you are
instead replying directly, surely you mean:

> and for people with REAL computers?

...suggesting that Macs are not.

The point of course is that real computers, for VOEvent
purposes, are those used by real astronomers.  At least
in the U.S., these are Macs, especially laptops.

This is an excellent application for widgets - I had it installed
and loaded within about 20 seconds of clicking on the link.
Eliminating latency is everything when reporting alerts.

Rob