VOEvent 1.1 new draft

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu May 11 13:14:45 PDT 2006

The latest draft specification of VOEvent can be found here:
http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaVOEvent/VOEvent-v1.1-060511.html

The draft schema is here
http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaVOEvent/VOEvent-v1.1-060508.xsd

We expect to use these as the basis of discussion at the IVOA meeting
next week.

One thing that still needs decision is whether a digital signature
block should be part of the schema. This would serve to allow strong
authentication and timestamping  of packets, but it would also entail
the import of another remote schema -- that could possibly cause
problems for those who are not interested in signatures.

My understanding of the discussion today of solar coordinates, is
that the schema would not be affected, only the coordinate systems
used in the WhereWhen section.

Thank you for your attention
Roy Williams

California Institute of Technology