VOEvent 1.1 new draft with STC elaboration

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Tue May 9 14:05:56 PDT 2006

On Tue 2006-05-09T13:54:25 -0700, Roy Williams hath writ:
> Correct schema location is:
> http://www.ivoa.net/xml/STC/stc-v1.30.xsd

Thanks.  I had just realized that the live code had to tell me that.
I had been looking at the human-readable reference in the html which
refers to
http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/STC.html
and that still describes 1.21

At an untrained glance it looks like STC 1.30 incorporates all of the
coordinate systems necessary for solar events.  If I'm right then
emergence of new active regions, flares, erupting prominences, coronal
holes, etc.  should all fit into the existing framework, but I'd sure
like to see that verified by someone who has looked through a solar
telescope in the past quarter century.

> >Is there VOEvent participation from solar astronomers?
>
> Not that I know of.

That seems like a lacuna in the VOEvent participation.
I'm not sure who would be good to invite into the process.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory        Natural Sciences II, Room 165    Lat  +36.99858