Final announcement of the 2nd HTN Workshop

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 15:51:50 PDT 2006

Rob Seaman wrote:
> Alasdair Allan wrote:
>> The 2nd Heterogeneous Telescope Networks (HTN) Workshop
>>
>> Institut fur Astrophysics, Georg-August-Universitat Gottingen
>> July 23-26, 2006
>> http://www.telescope-networks.org/wiki/index.php/2nd_HTN_Workshop
>
> Project deadlines make attending this workshop a non-starter for
> me, unfortunately.  But this may be a good time to mention a couple
> of future HTN / VOEvent opportunities.
>
> After hours discussions (it may have been due to the Three
> Philosophers) at the recent SPIE resulted in floating the idea of
> merging the VOEvent III workshop with HTN III, with a date perhaps
> next spring.

Robert and I have had a brief discussion today about this, and I
think this would be a really valuable to bring the two (fairly
closely related) communities together, and cut down on the travel
costs for us poor schmucks that have to go to both meetings anyway...

> Locale to be decided, but a certain small chichi arts capitol of a
> state to the east was mentioned.

Having now been around Santa Fe, it's a really cool little town.
Sounds good to me...

> Also, we hosted a VOEvent BoF at the previous ADASS.  Perhaps an
> Autonomous Observing BoF at the next?

Which would be great, if I can get my hands on the money to go to
ADASS in late 2006, and a VOEvent/HTN workshop in early 2007. The
ADASS in 2007 is in London isn't it? That one shouldn't be a problem!

Cheers,
Al.